1. On what date was Taekwon Do official recognised? 11th April 1955
2. Who is the President of the I.T.A.?
3. What is the Striking tool for Front Snap Kick? The ball of the foot
4. What is Front Snap Kick in Korean? Apcha Busugi
5. What do the Tenets of Taekwon Do Mean? 1/Courtesy: Politeness and Mutual Respect. 2/Integrity: Honesty. 3/Perseverance: Never give up. 4/Self Control: Calmness. 5/Indomitable Spirit: Good Attitude.
6. What are the new techniques in Dan-Gun? (There are 3)
Rising Block / Twin Forearm Block / Knife Hand Guarding Block
7. What are the Blocking/ Striking tools for these new techniques?
Outer Forearm (first two) Blade of the Hand
9. What is the meaning of Dan-Gun? It is named after the Holy Dan Gun the legendary founder of Korea in the year 2333bc
10. How Many Movements are in Dan-Gun? There are 21 Movements
11. What does the colour Green mean for your belt? Signifies the plant’s growth as Taekwon-Do skills begin to develop.
12. What is the meaning of Chon-Ji? Means literally “the Heaven the Earth". It is, in the Orient, interpreted as the creation of the world or the beginning of human history, therefore, it is the initial pattern played by the beginner. This pattern consists of two similar parts; one to represent the Heaven and the other the Earth.
13. How long and how wide is Walking Stance?
Shoulder and a half in length and shoulder width apart
14. What is the weight distribution? 50% on the front, 50% on the back