1. When bowing to a senior grade, what is the correct protocol? Stand at attention bow; keep your head down until the Senior raises theirs.
2. What is Fast motion, Continuous motion & Connecting motion? As above
3. What is the reason for 24 patterns? The 24 patterns represent 24 hours, one day or all of my life.
4. What are the new techniques/ Stances in Toi-Gye? (There are 7) 1/Upset Fingertip Thrust, 2/Back Fist to the Side Rear, 3/Twin Side Elbow Thrust,
4/W Shape block, 5/Double Forearm Pushing Block, 6/Upward Kick (knee) 7/Flat Fingertip Thrust
5. What are the Blocking/ Striking tools for these new techniques? Finger Tips, First 2 Knuckles, Elbow, Forearms, Knee, Fingertips.
6. What is the meaning of Toi-Gye? Toi-Gye is the pen name of the noted scholar Yi Hwang (16th Century) an authority on neo Confucianism. The 37 movements represent his birthplace on latitude 37 and the diagram represents scholar.
7. How many movements are in Toi-Gye? There are 37 movements
8. What does the colour Red mean for your belt? Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control and warning the opponent to stay away.
9. What are the meanings of previous patterns / how many movements? As above.
10. What are the length and width all your Stances, What is the weight distribution? As above.
11. On what line of the body should flat fingertip thrust be performed? Shoulder
12. At which line of the body should inward knife hand strike finish? Chest line
13. When handing something to a senior black belt member, what is the correct protocol? Left hand under the elbow with the palm facing up. Right arm straight.